We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit. Our doctors will do their very best to answer all questions and concerns, and recommend the level of treatment that he would recommend to his own families.
This important visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. Please allow at least an hour for this appointment. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. The records include X-rays, bite registration and impressions for articulated, mounted study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan.
During the initial examination we encourage you to ask questions as well!
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Is treatment needed now, or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have occurred?
- How long will treatment take?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How much will it cost and what are my payment options?
While we can often answer most general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. our doctors feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
We will schedule a consultation visit to discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take.
Also, we will answer any additional questions.
- Any X-rays taken within the past six months?
- When was your last dental exam and cleaning?
- Bring any mouth guard or any other oral appliance you are currently wearing.