Signs & symptoms of TMJ Los Angeles
The temporomandibular joint is a hinge that connects your jaw to the jawbones of your skull which are located in front of each ear. However, there is a TMJ disorder, also called TMD, though on rare occasions. At Dr. F. Isaac Hakim, high-quality treatment for TMJ Los Angeles is offered.
Causes of the TMJ disorder
Practitioners both in the overall medical field and I dentistry have not been able to contemplate on the core cause of TMJ. Nevertheless, there are some possible causes that have been identified to lead to TMJ Los Angeles disorder. However, at Dr. F. Isaac Hakim, you will be diagnosed with all the potential problems that might have caused TMJ syndrome to develop.
These causes include:
- Grinding or clenching of your teeth which tends to put a lot of pressure on the temporomandibular joint.
- Severe injury to your jaw, joint or muscles of your upper shoulder, head, and neck.
- Joint arthritis such as rheumatoid and osteoarthritis.
- Stress which can make you tighten your facial muscles, the muscles of your jaw and even clenching your teeth.
- Joint infections.
- Bone deformity.
There are as well factors that have been contemplated by Dr. F. Isaac Hakim which might increase the risk of developing TMJ Los Angeles disorder. These aspects may include:
- Long term trauma of the teeth.
- Severe jaw injury.
- Various types of overall bone arthritis.
- Certain connective tissue diseases which cause problems that may have a great impact on the temporomandibular joint.
Signs and symptoms of TMJ Los Angeles
When you tend to develop the following symptoms, feel at ease to visit us at Dr. F. Isaac Hakim:
- Chronic headache.
- Pain or intense tenderness of your jaw.
- Aching pain around or within your ear when you talk or chew.
- Chewing problems.
- Long term aching or pain with your facial.
- Closed or locked joints which make it difficult to open or close your mouth.
- Swelling on either side of your face, or even both.
- Sinuses problems.
- Throbbing toothache.
Diagnosing TMJ Los Angeles
There are instances that TMJ Los Angeles can go away on its own. But there are cases which require medical attention or even surgery at times. At Dr. F. Isaac Hakim, we will tend to inquire about your overall health history and perform physical examinations. In any case, we suspect of jaw problems; we tend to perform X-RAYS to examine your jaws and teeth, CT scan to get your jawbones details, MRI to detect problems with the joint disk or the soft tissue.
Treatment for TMJ
In some cases, TMJ tends to disappear on its own. However if the symptoms persist, here at Dr. F. Isaac Hakim, a recommendation of other treatment options such as surgery may be highly advocated. Though you can carry our home remedies such as eating soft foodstuffs, avoiding to rest your chin on the arms, and using moist heat packs.
Charges of TMJ Los Angeles treatment
Usually, TMJ Los Angeles treatment ranges between $500 to $1800. However, such is not the case with us since we provide affordable rates of treating TMJ; the prices range from $450 to $1500.
In choosing to visit us at Dr. F. Isaac Hakim, you will benefit from our incredible services and affordable rates for your TMJ Los Angeles treatment.