Injury at your jaw or a damaged jaw?
TMJ treatment Los Angeles
The temporomandibular joint, commonly abbreviated as TMJ, is the joint that connects your jaw with your skull. Though there is a localised pain disorder known as temporomandibular joint disorder(TMD) or temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) that is mainly caused by the injury at your jaw or a damaged jaw. However, this should not worry you since Dr F. Isaac Hakim is here to provide you with the best TMJ treatment in Los Angeles.
What causes TMJ?
Even though medical practitioners have not entirely well understood the core causes of TMJ, Dr F. Isaac Hakim has been able to identify the possible issues that can lead to TMJ development. Such are:
- Clenching of your teeth or teeth grinding which tends to impart more pressure on your jaw joint.
- Stress which makes your facial and jaw muscles to tighten.
- Arthritis such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid in the joint.
- Misalignment of your teeth.
- Poor posture and gum chewing.
Symptoms that you are suffering from TMJ
The common symptoms of TMJ are:
- Pain in the jaws.
- Clicking and popping sound in the jaw when yawning, talking or chewing.
- Severe aching inside or around the ear when chewing, talking or opening the mouth.
- Jaw muscles that have stiffened or sore.
- Locking of the jaw joint.
- Excruciating toothache.
- Chronic headaches.
Dr F. Isaac Hakim will conduct special physical examinations and enquire of your health history before administering any form of TMJ treatment in Los Angeles on you. Dental x-rays will be performed in order examine your teeth and Jaws, a CT scan will be used to get your jawbone details, and an MRI will be conducted to detect any issues with your jaws and soft tissues surrounding the jaws.
Home TMJ treatment Los Angeles
It is identified that many symptoms of TMD respond quite excellently to home remedies and relaxation techniques. Such are:
- Applying to cold packs to the side affected by TMJ.
- Using pain relievers such as aspirin and acetaminophen as well as other drugs such as ibuprofen and naproxen.
- Eating soft foodstuffs and avoiding excessively gum chewing.
- Stress management and relaxation techniques.
- Dr F. Isaac Hakim may recommend massages of the neck and jaw muscles.
- Using sedative oils such as lavenders.
Medications used in TMJ treatment Los Angeles
When home remedies are ineffective, Dr F. Isaac Hakim will tend to use the following medications for TMJ treatment in Los Angeles:
- Dental splints- appliances used to correct teeth misalignment.
- Cognitive behavioural therapies.
- Physical therapy.
- Drugs such as metaxalone to relax the muscles, anti-inflammatory drugs such as Celebrex and Neurontin to ease the nerve pain.
- In severe cases, Dr F. Isaac Hakim will perform dental surgery.
Most medical specialists tend to use Invisalign treatment and instances such as widened gaps, and braces would be highly recommended. Both options are provided by Dr F. Isaac Hakim.
Charges of TMJ treatment Los Angeles
Generally, TMJ treatment Los Angeles would cost an average of between $500 to $2,000. However, bracing and Invisalign treatment options would make you spend an average of $3,000 to $11,000. Nevertheless, Dr F. Isaac Hakim provides you with affordable rates and incredible services such as payment plans.
The limitation of TMJ treatment Los Angeles is that it’s quite costly.