Finding the best TMJ Los Angeles dentist is quite a hassle
Best TMJ Los Angeles
Temporomandibular joint dysfunction, also known as TMJ syndrome, is a disorder in the jaw muscles and nerves mainly caused by injury or severe inflammation to the TMJ.
Finding the best TMJ Los Angeles dentist is quite a hassle, and this is why Dr. F. Isaac Hakim should be the suit for you.
Causes of TMJ
- Injury of the teeth.
- An injured jaw.
- Misalignment of the teeth or jaw.
- Teeth grinding or clenching which puts more pressure on the joint.
- Stress- this can cause you to tighten the facial and jaw muscles or clenching your teeth.
- Arthritis in the joint.
- Poor posture.
- Gum chewing.
- Dental surgery.
Symptoms of TMJ
TMJ will often tend to cause discomfort, and you are likely to develop severe pain. However, this can be temporary or even last for more than a year affecting either one side of the face or even both sides. Researches carried out by medical specialists state that more women are affected by this syndrome than men. However, they are both prone to TMJ.
The common symptoms may include:
- Tenderness in your face.
- Pain in the jaw joint site.
- Experiencing intense pain in the neck, shoulders, around the ear or within while chewing, speaking or opening the mouth quite wide.
- Stuck or closed jaws in the open or closed position of the mouth.
- Uncomfortable biting- this usually happens as if the upper and lower teeth are not correctly fitting together.
- Sounds such as popping and clicking in the jaw joint while opening or closing the mouth as well as you chew. This may or may not be as painful as it seems though if left untreated can cause more significant damage.
- Swelling on your face sides, altering your natural looks.
- Chronic headache.
- Aching of your neck and ears.
- Pain in the upper shoulder.
- Developing hearing problems.
- Tinnitus- the ringing in the ears.
However, not all those symptoms mean that you are developing or experiencing TMJ, but you should never assume any of the above. It’s advisable that you amply visit our office at Dr. F. Isaac Hakim here at Beverly Hills, Los Angeles. My dental services have been highly ranked as the best tmj Los Angeles procedures.
At Dr. F. Isaac Hakim, we usually, conduct physical examinations of your oral health to figure out what the root cause of your TMJ is. I also inquire about your health history to ease the best tmj Los Angeles procedures. Performing processes such as X-RAYS, CT(Computed Tomography) scan to know the body details of the joint, and MRI(Magnetic Resonance Imaging). These diagnosis procedures will help in identifying other problems causing TMJ, and surgery might
Home remedies in treating TMJ
- You can use cold packs or moist heat packs applying on the sides of your face.
- Consume soft foodstuffs and drinks.
Best TMJ Los Angeles costs
Generally, the charges range from $500-$1800 to one medical practitioner, though, we usually charge from $450 to $1500 depending on the depth of the problem and other aspects. Our rates are quite affordable and there discounts as well.
As you look for the best tmj Los Angeles dentist look no further, Dr. F. Isaac Hakim is the perfect fit you require.